Tuesday, January 13, 2009

does it ever get better?

Well...a couple of weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. The number started low, but they kept going up and doubling normally, so the doctors were very optimistic. I did the ultrasound yesterday and found out it was ectopic. Today I had to come back to the doctor to get a shot done, which basically is a cancer drug and will kill the pregnancy. Why me? Meanwhile, my brother-in-law & sister-in-law who are younger than me and got married after, had a baby boy, and we went to the bris last week. And we had to be kvatter. I really didn't want to - since I'm against it, but they asked my husband at the last minute, and he didn't know how to say no. Meanwhile I have the pidyan haben to go to in a couple of weeks, and I don't know if I can bear to go. Obviously I will, but it's really hard. Why couldn't the pregnancy have just worked this time. Is that too much to ask for?

2 comments:

Modern Orthodox IF said...

So sorry!

Yael said...

Huge hugs! How are you coping?

I'm just getting over my second tubal, though this one is aborting on its own and it at least was spontaneous and since the other I have had a child. I don't understand why it can't just go right in the first place.